Your Duquesne e-mail account is your primary means of communication between you and other Duquesne community members such as advisors, instructors, classmates, students, co-workers, and associates. DU Email is the official vehicle for the University to communicate with you regarding important issues including billing of student accounts and campus emergencies, news, and events.
Your email account will be automatically created when you have been entered into our administrative system, Banner. As a student this will be when you are deposited, as a faculty, administrator, or staff member it will be when you are made active in Banner by Human Resources.
Use MultiPass username & password
You will use your email address and MultiPass password to access your DU email. If you are unsure of your username, please visit this link: http://www.duq.edu/multipass
If your MultiPass username is not available please consult your advisor (students) or hiring department to verify you have been entered into the University's administrative system.
You can access your mail one of several ways:
- Outlook Live Email (soon to be Office365)
- Recommended for All @duq.edu email accounts.
- Best way to access new messages and manage mail, contacts, and calendaring
- Employee Email and Calendaring
- Email Setup
- Accessible via your Mobile Device
- Mobile Device Server Settings (needed for mobile setup)
- Connecting Outlook Live via Outlook 2010 - setup & migration of files
- Connecting Other Mail Accounts to Outlook Live
- Connecting Outlook Live via Mac Mail
All email accounts have a limited amount of storage, so it is important to properly manage your account.
Student email accounts will be deleted 1 year after the student has left the University (graduation or otherwise).
Employee accounts will be disabled upon leaving the University and deleted 30 days after.
Retirees (of 10 years or more) can retain email accounts indefinitely, please contact HR for more information.
What are the other Microsoft Outlook 365 features?
Duquesne’s new email also provides access to the following Microsoft services:
• Messenger-- IM integrated
• Mobile – Anytime Access.
• Spaces – Create your own web space.
• Office Live Workspace – Save, Access and Share Files Online.
• Windows Live Writer - Create blogs.
|Please note: Duquesne University manages the email feature of the new environment; all other services are provided directly by Microsoft.|