Center for Teaching Excellence
Welcome, New Faculty and Graduate Students!
For information on this summer's orientation programs, please click here. Read more about getting started teaching at Duquesne.
Take a Look at CTE's Online Offerings
The following workshops and handouts are available online via DORI (multipass required).
- Transparent Assignment Design
- Rubrics To Promote and Assess Student Learning
- Faculty Peer Review of Teaching
- Preparing an Effective Case for Third Year Review, Promotion, and Tenure
- Designing Effective Adult Learning Experiences
Teaching & Learning Tips
- Qualities of an Exceptional Summer Course
- Uncovering Content in the Summer
- Summer Classes: Opportunities for Teaching and Learning
Or, visit our Teaching & Learning Tips Archive to discover other techniques to enhance your students' learning experience.
The Flourishing Academic
Check out The Flourishing Academic, CTE's newest online resource. This multi-voice blog features posts on teaching and learning by CTE staff and peer leaders. Please visit often, comment actively, and teach enthusiastically!