International Essay Competition
The International Essay Competition on Spiritan Identity and Vocation is part of the Animation Plan of the General Council. It will hold from October 2, 2013 to Pentecost 2014. It is destined to professed Spiritan students in both cycles of formation.
Topic: Spiritan Identity and Vocation
The essay will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Knowedge of Spiritan tradition and history
- Insight into the meaning of the religious missionary life
- Deep and critical evaluation of the question of identity in the contemporary world
- Adequate contextualization of the topic in the local church
- Concrete proposals for the renewal of Spiritan identity in the contemporary world
- Personal experience of the Spiritan missionary life will be appreciated
The essay, which can be written in English, French, or Portuguese, should be well researched, 1.5 line spaced and should not exceed 15 pages (or 4,500 words). The font should be Times New Roman 12 cpi. It should include full bibliographical data and footnotes. Essays are to be forwarded to the Director, Center for Spiritan Studies, 18 Chatham Square, Pittsburgh PA 15282 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants should know that abundant resources, among others, are available at the Spiritan Collection at Duquesne.
The best three essays will be published and the authors will receive a Kindle, the first overall also receiving a Certificate from the Center for Spiritan Studies, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, USA. The results will be announced by Pentecost 2015.
Assessors for each of the three languages will be Spiritan experts chosen through the Center for Spiritan Studies, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, USA.