Since its inception in the fall of 2000, the Wecht Institute has collaborated with various schools throughout the University and the region to develop a variety of degree and non-degree programs in the area of forensic science and law education.
The unique 12- to 18-credit course program features online courses as well as several optional live sessions.
- Five-year, entry-level program
- Educates students to work in forensic science – as scientists or administrators
- Open to graduating high school students
- Only graduate degree program of its kind whose faculty consists of both science and law professors
- 36-credits (incorporates 12-credits from the Wecht Institute Certificate Program)
- Prepares students to practice in various areas of forensic nursing
- Collaborative program between the Nursing School and the Wecht Institute
The Sigrid and Cyril Wecht Forensic Science and Law Endowed Scholarship
The Wecht Institute is pleased to offer this scholarship to a new or existing student in any Duquesne University forensic science program who has demonstrated both financial need and a commitment to social justice.
To apply for this scholarship, please download, fill out, and return the application to the Wecht Institute at email@example.com or:
The Wecht Institute
600 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
Offering Forensic Medical and Legal Investigations: The Post-Mortem Examination – a program that combines a BS degree in biology with certification as an autopsy specialist.
California University of Pennsylvania
Students in Cal U’s criminal justice program are able to benefit from taking the Wecht Institute’s Certificate Program Courses.