The Cyril H. Wecht Institute of Forensic Science and Law is pleased to offer a remarkable, multidisciplinary program of study that investigates the promise and the possibilities that modern science brings to our pursuit of truth and justice in criminal, civil, and family legal proceedings. It is a program that convenes professionals from a variety of disciplines, including law, health care, law enforcement and public administration, to expand our collective and individual understanding of the many ways in which this goal can be achieved.
The Certificate in Forensic Science and Law was created to enable a broad array of professionals to understand, assist and learn from other professionals as they become critical adjuncts to the truth-seeking process that is the underpinning of our systems of justice.
The unique certificate program features online and live courses. Undergraduate students complete the certificate over the course of one academic year while those seeking a post-baccalaureate certificate will take classes during the academic year and the following summer.
The objectives of this program are fivefold:
- To prepare professionals from a variety of backgrounds to interact more effectively with the criminal, civil and family justice systems
- To improve the effectiveness of forensic specialists by increasing their familiarity with other forensic specialties
- To provide students with a credential that will help them secure new or heightened roles within their organizations
- To introduce students to new career and educational opportunities in the forensic sciences and related fields of endeavor
- To supplement existing curricula in criminal justices, science and other disciplines
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-396-1330.