Academic Sustainability Committee
Incorporating Sustainability into Academics
The University Academic Sustainability Committee (UASC) works to integrate sustainability concepts into the educational experience through:
- Sustainability courses and course components
- Research and service learning opportunities.
- Help faculty incorporate topics of sustainable development into courses
- Guide other campus departments to establish sustainable practices
- Share vision and advice with faculty, staff and student organizations such as Evergreen, Net Impact, Ecology Club and Student Government.
- Provide advice and assistance in shaping policies and strategic plans
- Foster common understanding of the principles of sustainability across campus
Dr. Stanley J. Kabala Associate Director, Center for Environmental Research and Education is currently serving as chair.
The UASC will serve as liaison to promote sustainability with:
- Facilities Management Sustainability Committee
- Residence Life
- Student Organizations
- Food Services
- Campus Ministry
- Service Learning
- Public Affairs