UCSL Proposal Submission Guidance
- Garner support from your department chair and/or dean to propose a class for the UCSL designation.
- Review the University Core Criteria for Service-Learning Classes and the rubric used by the UCSL committee when making decisions about proposals.
- Review the additional guidance offered by the Service-Learning Advisory Committee on appropriate community partners and student preparation for community work.
- Feel free to discuss your proposal with the Director, Academic Community Engagement or any one of the review committee members.
- Your proposal should include a copy of the course syllabus and any other documentation that describes the service-learning component (i.e. Blackboard documents, additional handouts, web pages).
- Please email your proposal to Dr. Lina Dostilio. She will forward it on to the committee.
We encourage early submissions to allow time for any revisions that need to be made.
To have a proposal considered for the spring semester, please submit no later than September 15. This allows the committee to review and discuss the proposal prior to spring class pre-registration date.
To have a proposal considered for the fall semester, please submit no later than February 15. This allows the committee to review and discuss the proposal prior to summer/fall class pre-registration date.