Service-Learning Advisory Committee Mission
The Advisory Committee cultivates campus-wide engagement with service-learning by:
- Advocating for appropriate infrastructure and resourcing within a centralized service-learning office responsible for the coordination of service-learning.
- Guiding the service-learning office in its efforts to support faculty, involve students, develop and use campus resources, and partner with community organizations.
- Involving community partners in the institutionalization of service-learning on campus.
- Promoting faculty involvement in service-learning and encouraging suitable recognition for practitioners.
- Facilitating the ongoing assessment and improvement of service-learning courses and programs through the gathering and sharing of appropriate information.
- Providing opportunities for student leadership in the institutionalization process.
- Providing guidelines for academic units to make decisions regarding service-learning pedagogy.