The English as a Second Language Program is on the same semester schedule as Duquesne University.
Fall Semester: August to December
Spring Semester: January to April
Summer Session: May to July
Application for ESL
To apply to the Duquesne University ESL Program, follow these four steps:
- ESL application with accurate mailing address, educational history, and signature Submit the online application here
- If you are unable to submit the online application you can download this PDF instead
- Provide certified copies of original secondary school and post-secondary school records accompanied by certified translations into English.
- Provide the Mandatory Information Form (click for PDF).
- Provide a certified bank verification letter and/or scholarship letter.
- If you finished your last education more than one year, provide a written resume or statement showing what you have done since finishing your schooling.
Send all items to:
Office of International Programs
601 Duquesne Union
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15282 U.S.A.
Interested in entering a degree program at Duquesne?
If you are already enrolled in the Duquesne University ESL program, visit Information on Admissions to Degree Programs for an explanation of the undergraduate or graduate degree process.
If you are not currently enrolled in our ESL program and are interested in obtaining an acceptance to an undergraduate degree program, you can apply directly to the undergraduate program. Please see our English Proficiency Requirements page for further details. There is no need to submit an undergraduate and ESL application at the same time.