Summer Semester Experience
The first year in the Gussin Spiritan Divison begins with a mandatory 5-week summer semester running from late June until the end of July. The semester includes these study components:
- University core and Division required courses of three credits in core English 101 (Thinking and Writing Across the Curriculum) and three one-credit courses:
- Research and Information Skills, from the University core.
- Strategies for Academic Success, a Division core focusing on study skills for college.
- Introduction to University Success, another Division required course.
During the summer semester students experience:
- Tuition discounts.
- Non-credit classes that support credit course work.
- Abilities and interests testing to determine strengths, learning style, career choice, etc.
- Social and cultural activities to encourage community among cohort students.
Check out our Summer Semester photo gallery here!
Click here to see what our students have been saying about their experiences!