Planning a career in medicine, dentistry, podiatry, optometry, chiropractic or veterinary medicine?
The Pre-Medical Professions Program is a university-wide program. Open to students in any major, the PMPP focuses on academic excellence and emphasizes service to others. There is no application necessary.
At Duquesne, students seeking a career in medicine as well as dentistry, podiatry, optometry, chiropractic or veterinary medicine will get the courses they need to meet their pre-professional requirements, plus a science-based liberal arts education, opportunities for research, and hands-on experience in their chosen field.
Requirements for Professional Schools
Health professions schools prefer well-rounded applicants who have demonstrated academic excellence in all course work, have competitive admissions test scores, and have shown a continual commitment towards helping others. As an active participant in the PMPP, you’ll learn to balance a rigorous academic schedule with meaningful extracurricular activities.
Help in Admissions Process
The Pre-Medical Professions Program (PMPP) provides a variety of services to help you become the strongest possible candidate for admission to the health professions school of your choice.
These services include:
- Comprehensive, continuous counseling from dedicated pre-medical advisors
- Opportunities to learn more about the health professions
- Opportunities to explore research
- An introduction to the varied educational philosophies and course requirements among health professions schools
- Letters of recommendation to health professions schools
- Assistance in preparing for your admissions interview.