What qualifications do I need to apply to the Post-Baccalaureate (PB-PMHPP) Program?
To be considered for the PB-PMHPP all applicants must:
- Hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; relevant post-baccalaureate coursework will also be considered.
- Have a minimum 2.75 Math/Science GPA for all relevant math/science courses work taken
- Submit final transcripts that demonstrate no final D or F grades, with no more than one repeat of courses in which D or F grades were earned.
- Have demonstrated knowledge and experiences in areas of interest (eg, shadowing, volunteer, observations)
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- NOTE: Students are encouraged to NOT take the professional school admission test (eg, MCAT, DAT, OAT, or GRE) before applying to the PB-PMHPP
The Fall 2016 application cycle is from December 1, 2015 through July 1, 2016; however, the PB-PMHPP cannot guarantee course availability for applicants who apply after April 15th. Preferential acceptances will be granted to those applicants whose applications are received by April 15th; therefore, all applicants are encouraged to make application as soon as possible. Career Changer Applicants are encouraged to apply before February 1st to allow sufficient time, upon acceptance, to begin coursework earlier, during the summer, if desired.
Applicants interested in the combined PMHPP Certificate-Masters option must gain acceptance into the PB-PMHPP before the application materials can be considered for the desired master degree program. Certificate-Masters applicants should not apply through the University graduate education portal for the combined program; the PMHPP will forward all application materials to your chosen program once acceptance into the PB-PMHPP is determined.
The PB-PMHPP will not review an application until it is complete; while we are working on developing an on-line application, at the present time, you must submit all application materials via US Mail in ONE envelope. A complete application includes submission of the :
- PB-PMHPP Application (link below)
- Math/Science GPA Worksheet (link below)
- Transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended
- Personal statement of interest, and
- Two letters of recommendation on official letterhead in sealed envelopes
The instruction sheet for the application process may be found at the link below.
Graduate Student Retention Standards
Students who gain acceptance and matriculate into the PB-PMHPP must maintain the following standards to remain in the program:
- No grade lower than a "C" in any course; student may repeat course 1x to achieve passing grade
- Minimum overall GPA of at least a 3.00
- Minimum semester GPA of at least a 3.00; may fall below one semester, but may not in subsequent semesters
- Minimum math/science and science GPA of least a 3.00; may fall below one semsester, but may not in subsequent semesters
- Must be in good standing at the University and, if enrolled in a master's level degree program, within his/her respective degree program
Have additional questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.