Duquesne University-Temple University Bachelor/MD Program
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine 4+4 Linkage Program
Linkage programs allow an incoming freshman student to secure, through a competitive admission process, early acceptance into medical or dental school. The admission and retention requirements for these linkage programs often are more rigorous and selective than those for other students entering the PMHPP. Both schools offer early assurance programs as well that allow rising Duquesne juniors to be considered earlier than traditional medical/dental school applicants.
Duquesne University-Temple University
Interested applicants for this program declare their intent to apply to the Bachelor/MD Program on their Duquesne application by October 15*. All applications materials must be received by this deadline; only completed applications, received before the deadline, will be considered for this program. This is a competitive admission program.
Minimum Application Requirements:
Minimum 1350 on SAT (critical reading + math) or 31 composite score on ACT,
SAT scores of > 600 on each section, and
High School GPA of at least 3.5
Admission Decision Process:
Qualified applicants will be sent the Temple supplemental application and asked to return that supplemental application to Duquesne University's Pre-Medical and Health Professions Program (PMHPP) by November 15. Only those students whose supplemental applications are received by the deadline will be considered for the second step of the admission process.
All application materials will be reviewed by the Duquesne PMHPP Committee as part of the second step of the competitive review process.
Selections for on-campus interviews will be made by the Duquesne PMHPP Committee. On-campus interviews will be conducted in early January.
Following the on-campus interviews, application materials for those applicants who successfully complete the Duquesne PMHPP Committee interview will be forwarded to Temple Medical School for consideration.
Temple Medical School will review all submitted materials and then make decisions as to who they will invite for an admission interview on the Temple Medical clinical campus in Pittsburgh.
Temple Medical School makes all final admission decisions for the Bachelor/MD program usually by April. All final admission decisions are at the sole discretion of Temple University and are conditional based upon meeting retention standards. Duquesne has 8 confirmed seats in Temple's Medical School.
Temple Linkage Program Retention Criteria:
Must take the MCAT by May of the junior year and achieve scores in the 70th percentile of each section of the new MCAT to retain their seats.
Maintain minimum Duquesne overall GPA of 3.5, without repeating a course
Maintain minimum Science GPA of 3.5, without repeating a course
No grade less than a "C" in any course
Fourth year, minimum GPA of at least a 3.0 with no "D" or "F" grades
Have adequate health care experiences to demonstrate a commitment to serving others (Minimum 50 hours)
Take all medical school prerequisite science courses at Duquesne University
*The deadline of November 15 for the DU application will be honored for students matriculating in Fall 2015 only. It is HIGHLY encouraged that students apply early. The October 15 deadline will be strictly adhered to for Fall 2016 matriculation and beyond.
***Admission requirements are subject to change at the discretion of Temple University Medical School. This is a competitive program, and an interview and/or acceptance cannot be guaranteed.
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)
4+4 Linkage Program
- Interested applicants for this program declare their intent to apply to the 4+4 LECOM Linkage on their Duquesne application by February 1.
- Qualified students will be sent a supplemental application and asked to return it to Duquesne University's Pre-Medical and Health Professions Program (PMHPP).
- Students also must apply to LECOM via their on-line portal at http://www.portal.lecom.edu.
- LECOM will contact the applicants they select to interview. Interviews will take place before in the spring/early summer before matriculation to Duquesne.
- LECOM will make provisional acceptance decisions after the interview process is complete.
- Students have their choice of campus: Erie, Greensburg or Bradenton, FL
- Students can choose a linkage program in either the medical or dental program
Minimum Application Requirements:
- Minimum 1170 on SAT (critical reading + math) or ACT of 26
- High School GPA > 3.5, and
Note: Final decision for admission into this linkage program is at the sole discretion of LECOM.
Program Retention Criteria:
- 3.4 minimum cumulative Duquesne GPA • 3.2 minimum Science GPA
- Have adequate health care experiences to demonstrate a commitment to serving others
- Highly recommended that all prerequisite science courses be taken at Duquesne University
Accepted students must take the MCAT by January of the year of matriculation and achieve scores equivalent to the old score of 25 on the new MCAT to retain their seat. Students interested in Dental must achieve a minimum 17 on the DAT. The dental program is only available at the Bradenton campus.
Duquesne has a confirmed total of 5 seats per class that include both 4+4 Linkage and Early Assurance students.
*Admission requirements are subject to change at the will of Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. This is a competitive program, and an interview and/or acceptance cannot be guaranteed.