What Qualifications do I need for PMHPP?
Incoming freshmen students must meet the following requirements to be accepted into PMHPP when completing the inital application to the University:
- Minimum of 1170 SAT (math + critical reading) or 26 ACT
- High school GPA of at least a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Admitted to an academic major at the University
How do I Apply?
A qualified freshman should check the appropriate box on the application when applying to the University to be reviewed for admission into the program. The secondary admission process is open at the end of each semester. Current students should talk to their advisor about their intent to apply.
For students who did not initially meet the freshmen entrance requirements or students who decide to pursue medicine or health professions at a later time may apply through the Program's secondary admissions process. For students enrolled in four year programs, applications must be received by end of sophomore year. Students enrolled in five or six year programs must make application by the end of the 4th or 5th year, respectfully. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are qualified to benefit from all services and opportunities provided by the UG-PMHPP.
Secondary Admission Deadlines
May 1 to be considered for the Fall semester
December 1 to be considered for the Spring semester
Secondary Admission students must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 3.0 overall GPA
- Minimum 3.0 science/math GPA and at least a "C" in science, math and psychology/social science courses
- Be in good standing at Duquesne and within respective School
Students will reviewed after each term to ensure they are maintaining the retention standards for PMHPP. These standards are:
- Minimum overall 3.0 GPA
- Minimum 3.0 math/science GPA
- Minimum 3.0 semester GPA
- Passing grades in all courses; passing grade is at the "C" level
- Be in good standing at the University, within their respective school, and with the PMHPP