David E. Zimmerman, Pharm.D., BCPSAssistant Professor Of Pharmacy Practice
Mylan School of Pharmacy
Clinical, Social and Administrative Sciences
311 Bayer Learning Center
Education:Pharm.D., Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, 2011
PGY2, Emergency Medicine Residency, Maimonides Medical Center, 2013
PGY1, Pharmacy Practice Residency, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2012
David E. Zimmerman is originally from Lancaster, PA and completed his Doctor of Pharmacy degree at the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy at the University of the Sciences. Dr. Zimmerman went on to complete his PGY1 pharmacy practice residency at The Johns Hopkins Hospital and a PGY2 in emergency medicine at Maimonides Medical Center. He also completed a teaching certificate through the Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy at Long Island University. Dr. Zimmerman currently works as an Emergency Medicine Clinical Pharmacist at UPMC Mercy.
#MeetTheProfessors YouTube Series: Dr. David Zimmerman
- Pain management in the ED
- Implementation of Pharmacy Services
- Drug Dosing in Obesity
- Delic J, Suffoletto B, Zimmerman DE. Antibiotic prescribing habits in patients discharged from a network of emergency departments. Presented at: ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. December 2014, Anaheim, California.
- Pappacena J, Konopka C, Kupferer K, Pelts M, Wilson L, Freedy H, Yassin M, Zimmerman DE. Thirty-Day Revisit Rate of Patients Discharged with Community-Acquired Pneumonia from an Academic Emergency Department. Presented at: ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. December 2014, Anaheim, California.
- Woss A & Zimmerman DE. Current Management Strategies of Status Epilepticus at an Academic Emergency Department. Presented at: ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. December 2014, Anaheim, California.
- Chiumente M, Luda E, Zimmerman DE, Mattei TJ. Health technology assessment in cerebrovascular stroke patients: an economic model to estimate savings from thrombolysis. Presented at Health Technology Assessment International Annual Meeting. June, 2014, Washington DC.
- Lewin JJ, Zimmerman DE, Shermock KM, Clarke W, Pham AN, Goodwin HE. Total Levels of Valproic Acid do not Reflect the Therapeutic Status of the Drug as Measured by the Free Level in Hospitalized Patients. Presented at: Neurocritical Care Society Annual Meeting. October 2012, Denver, CO.
- Lamore R, Pherson E, Zimmerman DE. Assesment of Dabigatran Use in Adult Inpatients at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Poster Presented at: ASHP Summer Meeting 2012; 2012 June 12; Baltimore, MD.
- Shank B, Buscemi L, Zimmerman DE, Shah A, David T, Miano T. A Drug Use Evaluation on the Use of Antipsychotics for Delirium at a Large Academic Teaching Institution. Poster presented at: 45th ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition; 2010 December 6; Anaheim, CA
- Chiumente M, Gianino MM, Minniti D, Mattei TJ, Kamal KM, Zimmerman DE, Muca A, Luda E. Burden of stroke in Italy: an economic model highlights savings arising from reduced disability following thrombolysis. Int J Stroke. Apr 2015.
- Gibbs HG, Zimmerman DE, Shermock KM, Clarke W, Mirski M, Lewin JJ 3rd. Total Valproic Acid Levels do not Reflect Free Valproic Acid Levels in Hospitalized Patients. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2015; 72:121-6.
- Cohen V, Jellinek-Cohen SP, Likourezos A, Lum D, Zimmerman DE, Willner MA, Rose J, Marshall JP. Feasibility of a pharmacy-based influenza immunization program in an academic emergency department. Ann Pharmacother. 2013; 47:1440-7.
- Hussar DA and Zimmerman DE. New Drugs: Dabigatran Etexilate Mesylate, Fingolimod, and Ulipristal Acetate. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2011;51:122-126.
• Therapeutics in the Critically Ill
• Acute Care II Elective Concentration
• Central Nervous System Therapeutics: Psychiatry and Neurology
• Abilities Based Learning Experiences
• Problem Based Learning Experiences