David E. Zimmerman, Pharm.D.Assistant Professor of Pharmacy
Mylan School of Pharmacy
Clinical, Social and Administrative Sciences
311 Bayer Learning Center
Education:Pharm.D., Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, 2011
PGY2, Emergency Medicine Residency, Maimonides Medical Center, 2013
PGY1, Pharmacy Practice Residency, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2012
David E. Zimmerman is originally from Lancaster, PA and completed his Doctor of Pharmacy degree at the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy at the University of the Sciences. Dr. Zimmerman went on to complete his PGY1 pharmacy practice residency at The Johns Hopkins Hospital and a PGY2 in emergency medicine at Maimonides Medical Center. He also completed a teaching certificate through the Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy at Long Island University. Dr. Zimmerman currently works as an Emergency Medicine Clinical Pharmacist at UPMC Mercy.
- Pain management in the ED
- Implementation of Pharmacy Services
- Is VKA MIA? Novel anticoagulants for Atrial Fibrillation. ACPE accredited lecture through the Long Island University CE Program. Brooklyn, NY. September 2012.
- The Free Fraction of Valproic Acid in the Hospitalized Patient. Eastern States Residency Conference. Hershey, PA. May 2012.
- Macrolides for the Prevention of COPD Exacerbations. ACPE certified CE program. The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Baltimore, MD. February 2012.
- Lewin JJ, Zimmerman DE, Shermock KM, Clarke W, Pham AN, Goodwin HE. Total Levels of Valproic Acid do not Reflect the Therapeutic Status of the Drug as Measured by the Free Level in Hospitalized Patients. Presented at: Neurocritical Care Society Annual Meeting. October 2012, Denver, CO.
- Lamore R, Pherson E, Zimmerman DE. Assesment of Dabigatran Use in Adult Inpatients at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Poster Presented at: ASHP Summer Meeting 2012; 2012 June 12; Baltimore, MD.
- Shank B, Buscemi L, Zimmerman DE, Shah A, David T, Miano T. A Drug Use Evaluation on the Use of Antipsychotics for Delirium at a Large Academic Teaching Institution. Poster presented at: 45th ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition; 2010 December 6; Anaheim, CA
- Hussar DA and Zimmerman DE. New Drugs: Dabigatran Etexilate Mesylate, Fingolimod, and Ulipristal Acetate. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2011;51:122-126.
- Therapeutics in the Critically Ill
- Abilities Based Learning Experiences
- Problem Based Learning Experiences