Laura E. DonaldsonAdministrative Assistant
McAnulty College and Graduate School
College Hall 603
Education:M.A., English Literature, Duquesne University
B.A., Theatre Arts & English Literature, Duquesne University
Study Abroad, Theatre Arts & English Literature, University of London--Queen Mary College
A two-time alumnus of Duquesne University, Mrs. Donaldson holds B.A. and M.A. degrees in English Literature. Her research interests include British eighteenth-century studies, with an emphasis on the intersections of gender, performance, and the theatre. She also presented some of her work at Masculinities, Femininities and More: An Interdisciplinary Conference on Gender in the Humanities at the University of West Georgia.
An actress and former model, Mrs. Donaldson has performed with the Pittsburgh Irish and Classical Theatre, Shakespeare in the Schools with the Pittsburgh Public Theatre, and the Harold Pinter Studio Theatre in London, and she has been in commercials and industrial films for companies such as Dick's Sporting Goods, Victoria's Secret, and GNC. She also did runway fashion shows, commercial print, and voice-over work. In 2015, she retired the The Secret Agent L Project, an international movement centered around intentional acts of kindness with over 2,000 participants located in 8 countries, which she founded in 2009. She has been invited regularly to serve as a keynote speaker for organizations and events including The Girl Scouts of Western PA, the National Alliance on Mental Illness (Southwestern PA), on whose board of directors she currently serves, and The Consortium for Public Education's The Future is Mine Leadership Conference, among others.
Mrs. Donaldson joined the staff of the History Department full-time in July of 2005. Anyone who has questions about the History Department, its programs, its procedures, or its faculty, can come see her. She enjoys meeting and chatting with the students and their friends and families, and she is honored to have been associated with Duquesne since her arrival freshman year in 1997. She happily responds to her nickname: "Jane Duquesne." She hopes you'll stop by and say hello!
- Member, Board of Directors, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Southwestern PA
- Member, Selection Committee, Paul Sciullo Award for Community Service, McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, Duquesne University
- Member, Marketing and Recruitment Committee, McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, Duquesne University
- Social Media Consultant and Content Creator, McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts, Duquesne University
- Team Captain, NAMIWalks, NAMI Southwestern PA
- Staff Mentor, Freshmen Mentor Program, Office of Freshmen Development, Duquesne University
- Public Speaker, reperesenting NAMI Southwestern PA
- Public Speaker, representing The Secret Agent L Project
- Public Speaker, representing The Allegheny County Library Association's One Book One Community Program