Mark D. Yochum, Esq.Professor of Law
School of Law
Room 318 School of Law
Education:J.D., Law, Georgetown University Law Center, 1977
B.A., Arts History, Carnegie Mellon University, 1974
Mark D. Yochum has served Duquesne University School of Law for 30 years. A graduate of Carnegie-Mellon University and Georgetown University Law Center, Yochum is Professor of Law at Duquesne, specializing in bankruptcy and professional responsibility. He has written and lectured extensively on lawyer's ethics, and has presented or organized over 200 continuing legal education programs on related topics since 1993. Yochum launched Duquesne University School of Law's continuing legal education program and coordinated CLE programming from 1993 to 2012. He formerly served as President of the Pittsburgh Tax Club, and he has been a regular lecturer for the Allegheny County Bar Association Taxation and Bankruptcy sections. National groups that have invited him to speak include the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, the National Associations of Bankruptcy Trustees and Chapter 13 Trustees, the Association of Legal Administrators, and the Internal Revenue Service.Yochum provides legal counsel to Duquesne University's Small Business Development Center. He has also emceed more than 75 events for the University, School of Law, bar associations, and charitable groups. Additionally, he has been active in regional theater for 20 years, performing leading roles at the Little Lake Theater, McKeesport Little Theater, Washington & Jefferson College's Olin Fine Arts Center and other local venues. Yochum has been involved in more than 60 productions since 1980.
Yochum was born in Pittsburgh, is married (Kathleen) with a daughter (Molly).
- Professional Responsibility
- Basic Federal Income Income Tax
Sampling of Recent Presentations
- Duquesne University School of Law Scuillo CLE Series, "Fresh Ethics," April 26, 2014
- Allegheny County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section CLE, "Honor in the Profession," April 17, 2014
- Delaware Bankruptcy Inns of Court, "Personal Contact," December 17, 2013
- Pittsburgh Tax Club. "Honor in the Profession", December 10, 2013.
- Allegheny County Bar Association Annual Bankruptcy Symposium, "Personal Contact," December 5, 2013
- Washington County Bar Association and Association of Corporate Counsel Event, Southpointe Golf Club, "Honor in the Profession," October 30, 2013
- Duquesne University School of Law Scuillo CLE Series, "The Ethics Business," October 12, 2013