Why Students Choose Honors
Duquesne’s University Honors College is dedicated to supporting and rewarding academic excellence. We are a diverse community, drawing students from the schools of Business, Education, Health Sciences, Liberal Arts, Music, Natural Sciences, Nursing and Pharmacy.
Outstanding students easily participate in the University Honors College, regardless of major.
But we are also a select community. Only the top 5 to 7 percent of applicants to Duquesne University are invited to join us.
Benefits for Students
- An enhanced track of the University Core Curriculum designed for your intellectual gifts, creativity and aspirations
- An outstanding group of peers who will help you grow both as a scholar and as a person
- Distinguished faculty
- Small classes: never more than 18 students
You can live in Assumption Hall -- the heart of the Honors College and an outstanding residence hall -- as long as you are an honors student at Duquesne.
Honors college students have:
Early registration privileges
A special Fellows Program
Recognition at graduation and on your official University transcript.
- Proof to graduate schools and future employers that you strove for the best undergraduate experience possible and challenged yourself to do extraordinary things.
- Immediate access to experiential and scholarship opportunities from National Collegiate Honors Council and the Office of National Fellowships