Live, Play, Serve
How Honors Students Live
Assumption Hall - The Heart of the University Honors College
Regardless of where honors students choose to live, Assumption Hall is the “heart” of the University Honors College. Residents and commuters alike enjoy:
- The largest rooms on campus available to underclass students
- Frequent visits from faculty who enjoy sharing ideas and conversation with some of the brightest students on campus.
- Global Perspectives, a series of events and seminars to foster better understanding of the international context in which our students will live and work.
- Extra Perk: a weekly breakfast served in the Assumption Hall lobby, with guest hosts from University administration and support services. Students can meet with their department chair, dean, Spiritan fathers, Career Services, honors societies, and many other helpful individuals in a relaxed, interpersonal setting.
Assumption houses these services:
- Fully staffed Honors College offices, including the Office of the Director and the National Fellowships Office
- The Office of Residence Life
- DU CARES
- The Residence Hall Association
Integrated Honors Society
The Integrated Honors Society provides a vibrant social outlet and helps students hone leadership skills. The IHS organizes service projects and academic interest programs, including Race to the Campus and the Duquesne University Academic Challenge (DUAC). Through IHS, students build friendships, explore new ideas, and expand their networks.
Members may hold various elected positions and offices within the society.