Reading Clinic Home
Literacy Development Program for Students, ages 5-17
We provide students with affordable, research-based assessment and tutorial services in a nurturing environment that fosters confidence and academic achievement. A non-profit educational service of the Duquesne University School of Education, the Reading Clinic has been helping children and their parents since 1964.
Students enhance their reading skills with methods developed and practiced by our nationally recognized faculty researchers in reading development.
Our Reading Clinic provides:
- Experienced clinicians from our Reading Specialist Program and practicing reading specialists who understand our mission of putting children's needs first.
- An individualized and extensive educational assessment that diagnoses your child's reading strengths and needs.
- Individualized and group instruction, tailored to each student's age and unique needs.
- Evaluation results and final tutoring progress report.
- Workshops for parents that address their concerns and provide information on how to support their children's literacy development.
- Saturday morning instructional sessions during fall and spring, and selected weekdays during summer sessions.