IMPORTANT: The certification application system has moved to an online system called TIMS (Teacher Information Management System).You are now required to apply online through TIMS, as well as submit some paper materials through Duquesne. Please see the following information about applying through TIMS:
- Register on the PDE website, if you have not done so already. You will not be able to apply in TIMS until 24 hours after you register on the PDE website.
- Apply in TIMS: See the TIMS "Applicant User Guide" for PDFs to assist you in applying
- You do not need to fill out the work experience section unless you are applying for an Administrative, Supervisory, or Letter of Eligibility certification Once you have applied via TIMS, please send Duquesne the following:
- TIMS online cover sheet (signed and dated)
- Doctor's signature form (3rd page of TIMS online cover sheet)
- Praxis scores hard copy upon request Once we review your online application and paper materials, we will submit them to the Pennsylvania Department of Education. After you submit your application, you can track the progress in TIMS--as per PDE, please allow at least 10-14 weeks for certification approval. PDE will no longer provide hard copies of your certification, but you will be able to print it out once it has been approved.
Placeholder Letter Request Form (pdf)
Certification materials should be mailed or dropped off to:
Duquesne University School of Education
600 Forbes Avenue
214 Canevin Hall
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
If you have any questions, please call 412.396.6118.