HMS Admission Requirements
Admission to the Health Management Systems program at the freshman level will require:
- a minimum Q.P.A. of at least a 2.5
- a composite math and verbal SAT score of at least 1,100 if the test was taken prior to March 2016. For tests taken March 2016 and later, a composite math and verbal SAT score of at least 1,170; or a composite ACT score of at least 24
- a minimum of seven units of math and science
- evidence of extracurricular activities during high school
- and knowledge of the health management systems profession
It is strongly recommended that students begin shadowing or volunteer experience in high school to become more familiar with the profession.
Admission to the Professional Phase
Students who meet all academic and program requirements during the pre-professional phase will be admitted into the professional phase.
Students may transfer into the program at any level, other than the freshman year, based upon their credentials, courses completed at other institution(s), courses yet to be completed prior to entry into the professional phase and space availability.
To apply to the transfer or second degree level, a minimum cumulative Q.P.A. of at least a 2.5 is required. Documentation of shadowing, volunteer or paid experience in health management systems is recommended but not required.
Graduate Admission Requirements
Admission to the Graduate Program is competitive.
Admission requirements include:
• An undergraduate degree from an accredited, four-year college or university
• A minimum cumulative G.P.A. of at least 2.75
• Comprehensive essay describing the reason for pursuing this course of study and professional goals
• Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) scores for joint MBA/MHMS program. GMAT or GRE scores are recommended but not required for the MHMS Program.
• Computer literacy in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Internet