Ingrid M. Kanics, MOT, OTR/L , Hattie Larlham, Mantuu , OH is one of the invited speakers in this year's Centennial Vision session at the 2009 AOTA national conference in Houston highlighting five successful practitioners and their innovative practice areas. Her unique approach to practice, designing an indoor accessible playground , will be featured as bringing the AOTA Centennial Vision to life.
Teressa Garcia, MOT, OTR/L, was interviewed by OT Magazine regarding a summer camp for kids with hemiplegic CP. The first link below is the article and the second link has some great pictures of her patients.
Alums: Please send the Department news items related to your professional success.
Department of Occupational Therapy 15th Anniversary
In celebration of our Department's 15th Anniversary on January 24, 2008, we honored 15 alumni who exemplify the vision, mission, and curriculum objectives promoted and advocated through our program during its first 15 years.
Please join us in congratulating the following awardees:
- Alumni Leadership – Joy Roma
- Leading Executive Entrepreneur – Scott Farabaugh
- Emerging Practice Pioneer – Ingrid Kanics
- Innovative Practice Entrepreneur – Cara Koscinski
- Fieldwork Education – Ted Ricci
- Fieldwork Education – Sandi Best
- Leading Practitioners – Barb Warden
- Excellence in Service Delivery – Allison Bell
- State Association Leader – Melissa Parkes
- Professional Development Facilitator – Traci Herc
- Outstanding Community Service Leadership – Sara Clancey
- Practice-Scholar Leadership – Teressa Garcia
- Practice-Scholar Leadership – Sara Dix
- Practice-Scholar Leadership – John Sciulli
- Teacher-Scholar – Doug Morris