The Duquesne Difference
- While only 20 years young, the occupational therapy department at Duquesne offered one of the nation's first five year entry level masters degrees in occupational therapy and since then has produced hundreds of practice scholars who are making a significant contribution to the profession, their communities and in the lives of their clients.
- Education at Duquesne is grounded in a commitment for excellence and profound concern for moral and spiritual values. Graduates are prepared to meet society's needs with ethical, equitable and evidence-based occupational therapy practices.
- This online post-professional degree continues and extends our focus on developing expert practice scholars who demonstrate the requisite habits to use and create evidence to support their practice, and who engage as leaders and educators, facilitating change and knowledge-sharing to enhance the profession.
- Mentorship is a critical component of our program. Students work with a faculty mentor to negotiate a meaningful educational contract that ensures personalized learning objectives and opportunities for direct application of competencies to their current practice setting.
- Students can expect close contact with their faculty mentor and a network of professionals in their learning community.