OTD Application Requirements
- Completed a Master's degree in occupational therapy or a Bachelor's degree in occupational therapy and earned a Master's degree
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Current state license and NBCOT Certification
- Current membership in the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Completion of online application through OTCAS
- Completion of Duquesne supplemental application
- Official transcripts from all schools attended submitted to OTCAS
- Personal statement of no more than 2 pages that describes the applicant's personal and professional development goals, expectations of how this degree will contribute to their professional growth and initial descriptions of potential doctoral capstone projects.
- Two letters of recommendation from a professional or academic source
- Interview with the department viw phone, Skype or in-person
- Agreement to attend on-campus OTD Orientation and Capstone events
Application submission is available at Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service: www.otcas.org
OTCAS admission tool offers benefits to applicants, schools, and the occupational therapy profession. Student will find the web-based application process to be efficient and convenient with access to multiple schools through one application, informative regarding available program and degrees, and easy to navigate through checklists and instructions. Schools will benefit from a streamlined admission process that will allow for efficient management of materials, comprehensive reporting of data, greater exposure to potential applicants and opportunities to interface electronically with interested applicants. The occupational therapy profession will be able to review date for admission and workforce trends that will inform us about policy decisions and recruitment and market needs.
The deadline for applying to the MS program is March 15; however, we encourage applicants to apply before this deadline . Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. To learn more about the OTCAS application process and to get started, please go to the OTCAS website at www.otcas.org.
In addition to required components of the OTCAS application, students will also need to complete a supplementary application via Duquesne University (see below).
Once processed, the Admissions Committee looks forward to receiving your application. Good luck with the application process!
STEP 2: Submit Supplemental Application to the Graduate Program (DU)
(Due to technical limitations you cannot indicate a Summer start date on the supplemental application. Please make certain that you apply for Fall and we will make that change on our end)
Due to higher education regulation changes, effective August 1, 2011, Duquesne University is unable to accept applications for admission to online programs and courses from students residing in Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Massachusetts, Minnesota and Wisconsin. For questions, please contact Paul-James Cukanna in the Office of Admissions at 412.396.5002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Director: Jaime Muñoz, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA
Department Chair and Associate Professor
Department of Occupational Therapy
Learn More: Contact us at mailto:email@example.com or 412.396.5653 with any questions