Criminal Defense Specialized Externship Program
The Criminal Defense Specialized Externship Program offers live-client criminal defense experience with the Allegheny County Office of Conflicts Counsel. Students in this program have the opportunity to assist in the representation of criminal defendants in active cases being handled by the Office of Conflicts Counsel.
Typical assignments include client interviews, jail visits, case planning, preparation of pleadings, and representation of clients at preliminary hearings.
- Year-Long Pass /Fail Course
- Credits: 6 Credits (3 classroom credits, 3 non-classroom credits)
- Prerequisite: Evidence
- Enrollment: 8 Students
- Clinic Hours to Be Completed: 280 Hours (minimum of 10 hours per week)
- Class Meeting Time: Wednesday 4:00 p.m. - 5:50 p.m.
- Class Location: TBD - Law School
Students are interviewed by the supervising attorneys for admission to the clinic. Only 3D, 4E, and 4PTD students may apply.
Richard Narvin, Esq.