President Ford's Pardon of Richard M. Nixon: A 40-Year Retrospective
- 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- Duquesne University Power Center Ballroom
Join us for this historic gathering on the anniversary of the controversial Ford-Nixon pardon. This is one of the only events of its kind in the United States during which key figures - including the White House lawyer who negotiated the pardon with Nixon - will share their recollections of this dramatic moment in American history.
This program is presented by the Duquesne University School of Law in cooperation with the
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Please register below.
3:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Charles J. Dougherty, President of Duquesne University
- Benton Becker, Former Special Counsel to President Gerald Ford
- Jill Wine-Banks, Former Assistant Watergate Special Prosecutor
- Timothy Naftali, Historian and Former Director, Richard M. Nixon Presidential Library
Special Video Appearances by:
- Steve Ford, Son of the Former President and Trustee and Chairman, Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation
- Tom Brokaw, Special Correspondent, NBC News
- Ken Gormley, Dean, Duquesne University School of Law
- David M. Shribman, Executive Editor, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The free event is open to members of the Duquesne University community and the bench and the bar. Register today.