Cross Registration with the University of Pittsburgh
Duquesne University School of Law participates in the PIttsburgh Council on Higher Education (PCHE) consortium which has a cross registration program that permits full time law students to cross register at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. Law students MUST petition the Academic Status Committee for approval before moving forward in the cross registration process.
If the cross registration request is approved, the student must follow the information below:
- Students must allow adequate time for the approval process.
- Upper-level course credits must be for courses that are not included in the Duquesne University School of Law's curriculum.
- First priority in registration is given to students of the host college. Cross registered students are not placed on a waitlist.
- Please check course prerequisites and course restrictions
- Please check exam schedules between both schools
- Students must complete the Cross Registration form listed below and return it to their HOME Law School Registrar's Office.
- The HOME registrar's office will forward the form to the host institution for approval.
- The HOST registrar's office will notify the student if the cross registration has been approved or not approved.
Students must earn a grade of at least a "C" for the credits to be accepted at Duquesne University School of Law.
Grades earned in courses taken at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law will appear on the student's transcript, but the grade will not be included in the computation of the student's grade point average.