- In order to obtain a visa to enter the People's Republic of China (PRC), you must have a passport valid for a minimum of six months before the date you enter the PRC. If you do not have a passport valid until December 1, 2013, you should apply for a new passport immediately.
- A visa is required for entry into the PRC. Duquesne University will provide proper instructions for all enrolled students to apply for a visa from one of several PRC Consulate General offices in the U.S.
- You are responsible for making your own travel arrangements to and from Beijing. The costs of a round-trip airfare to Beijing from the U.S. vary from airline to airline or travel agent to travel agent.
- It is critical that you inform us of your arrival date, time and flight number in Beijing at your earliest convenience, so we know when to expect you in Beijing. Professor Liu will arrive at the Jiming Express Inn in advance to receive all registered participants.
- Travel costs to and from Beijing are not included. We recommend you consult a travel agent and request the lowest available fare from any carrier. Fares vary widely.
Currency & Exchange Rate
- The exchange rate between the Chinese currency RMB and the U.S. Dollar is approximately U.S. $1.00 = RMB 6.3 Yuans. You may also access the Universal Currency Converter web site for additional information on currency rates.
- Chinese currency is now available in U.S. Banks and at international airports, including Beijing International Airport. It is also available at the hotel. U.S. Traveler's checks are acceptable in China. Visa, Master Card and American Express are accepted in major hotels and big department stores.
- The hotel acepts cash, traveler's checks and credit cards for payment.