Admissions and Tuition - Professional Coaching
The following information provides you with a quick checklist of the experience, information and documents you must complete in order to enroll. You may want to print this page to help you track the items you have completed and submitted.
- College transcripts - transcripts from your highest degree earned must be mailed directly from college/university to the School of Leadership and Professional Advancement (600 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15282). A minimum of a bachelor's degree and/or significant relevant professional experience is required.
- Current resume - please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of interest describing your background and interest in the coaching profession - please email to email@example.com
- Telephone interview with PCCP Director of Training
Tuition for the Fall 2013 program is $6,599. Your tuition will cover the entire series of foundation course classes, online modules, webinars and one elective.
Full tuition is due by the first day of class, unless you enroll in our payment plan, whereas tuition is divided into three payments. Information on the payment pan will be sent upon request. The university recommends that you explore all alternative loan options available from your lender of choice.
This program is approved for GI Bill or VA education benefits. Please contact your VA office for more information about this opportunity.
Materials: Books are not included in the tuition fees and it is recommended that participants budget approximately $150 to cover these costs.
Professional Coaching Requirement
Each participant should contract to be coached a minimum of four (4) hours by a professionally certified coach of their choice. Fees may range from $250 - $750.
Other Optional Costs
Electives/Workshops: Additional electives or workshops may be taken at a fee of $250 each.
ICF: There is a fee for ICF certification application (please see the 'ICF Credential Requirements' section of the Individual Credentialing document).
You will receive a 100% refund of paid tuition if you withdraw prior to the first weekend of class, and a 90% refund if you withdraw after the first class. There will be no refund if you withdraw after the second class.
Minimum Technical Requirements
- Recording tools (to create MP3 files)
- High speed internet access
- USB headset (for webinar participation)
Special Opportunity for Credit toward a Master's Degree
Students who successfully complete Duquesne University's Professional Coach Certification Program are eligible to receive academic credit toward several graduate programs in the School of Leadership & Professional Advancement (SLPA). Depending on the program selected, students can enter with up to six credits toward a master's degree.
"I found the Professional Coaching Program at Duquesne to be life-changing. I was able to align my vision, values, and strengths, improve my communication skills and start my journey as a Professional Coach."
Eric Swift, Author of Optimum Success Series, Business Coach/Consultant, Founder of Swift Advisors, LLC