MS in Leadership, concentration in Leadership in MissionThe Master of Science in Leadership degree with a concentration in Leadership in Mission is offered in Quezon City, Metro Manila, the Philippines.
The program includes the following key elements
Academic Content: women religious will complete 12 courses designed to help them to integrate religious formation and professional development and to improve their management and leadership skills. The focus is upon providing the sisters with content that is practical and appropriate for the situations they face in their home countries and to orientate them to the Church within a larger global setting.
Spiritual Formation: women religious will be provided with assistance to deepen their prayer life and will participate in community activities, liturgies, immersion experiences and reflection which will be integrated throughout the course of the academic program to deepen spiritual formation. Moreover, they have the option to live in a community in a residential facility dedicated for the use of the sisters and a spiritual mentor will be available on-site to meet with and to accompany the sisters as they go through the program.Dates of the three residential sessions in Manila are:
- Residential 1: November 12 - December 20, 2012
- Residential 2: April 9 to May 19, 2013
- Residential 3: April 23 to May 31, 2014
Course Offerings in Manila (subject to change)
- Foundations of Leadership - Spiritual and Professional
- Leading People and Managing Relationships
- Problem Solving and Decision Making for Leaders
- Conflict Resolution and Transformation
- Leading Strategic Change in Organizations
- Leadership for People Development (Part 1 and 2)
- Leadership, Culture, Change and Community
- Program Assessment and Development
- Resource Mobilization
- Leadership in Global Mission
Students must also earn 6 graduate credit hours (usually two courses) from an internationally accredited institution of higher education. This may be in the student's home country or elsewhere in Asia.
Student Eligibility Criteria
Students will be drawn from a variety of congregations from countries around the world. In order to be eligible for the programme, sisters must:
- be perpetually professed,
- be fluent in the English language (the program is planned to be conducted entirely in English),
- have a minimum of five years of experience in apostolic work such as education, formation, heath care, social work, pastoral activities or congregational leadership,
- have an undergraduate degree or equivalent from an institution accredited by its ministry of education or from a regionally accredited US institution,
- be recommended by her major superior,
- be in good health and deemed able to complete the entire program.
Download a program fact sheet.
If you have questions, please send an email to email@example.com with your name, address and email address.