Academic Departments and Programs
A Liberal Arts Education for the Mind, Heart and Spirit
The 12 departments that comprise the College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts offer more than 30 undergraduate majors and minors and nearly two dozen graduate and certificate programs.
Visit the department or departments that you are most interested in to find information about academic programs, faculty, procedures, requirements, student activities and opportunities in specific disciplines. General information on college-wide opportunities and requirements can be found below.
Undergraduate Opportunities and Information
- Undergraduate Majors and Minors
- Secondary College of Liberal Arts Majors for Non-Liberal Arts Students
- Test Optional Information
- Accelerated Online Undergraduate programs
- Undergraduate Viewbook
- Learning Communities
- Internships and Study Abroad
- Core curriculum
- Academic policies and advising
- Center for Community-Engaged Teaching and Research
Special message for those eligible for the Pittsburgh Promise.
Certificate Opportunities and Information
Graduate Opportunities and Information
- Master's and Ph.D. programs
- Application process. (See program-specific application components in each department.)
- Accreditations and affiliations
- Academic Integrity policy
McAnulty College of Liberal Arts boasts nationally and internationally recognized doctoral programs to prepare students for careers in the academy and research. We offer outstanding professional master's degree and certificate programs to enhance students' career skills and opportunities, and special certificate programs in qualitative research and women's and gender studies in any master's or doctoral program.