Corporate Communication Emphasis Area
Since 1982, the Master of Arts program in Corporate Communication emphasis (30 credits) has prepared students for communication management positions in both for-profit and non-profit organizations. Designed with both recent graduates and working professionals in mind, the program provides students with a broad foundation in professional communication, communication ethics, public relations and marketing communication, and strategic and managerial communication. Graduates pursue careers in corporate communication leadership in order to build effective, just, and sustainable institutions.
Students complete the following required CORE COURSES:
- COMM 500 Professional Communication
- COMM 501 Persuasion in the Marketplace
- COMM 515 Organizational Communication
- COMM 523 Communication Ethics & Professional Civility
- COMM 588 Corporate & Integrated Marketing Communication Research
Students complete the following two (2) required emphasis courses:
- COMM 527 Communication Management
- COMM 536 Integrated Marketing Communication
Students select three (3) electives in consultation with advisors.