Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) Emphasis Area
The Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) emphasis (30 credits) provides a rigorous foundation in a strategic communication discipline that brings together advertising, public relations, and marketing communication. Building on a strong professional communication core, the program increases students' awareness of the theory and practice of IMC in contemporary organizations and institutions. Graduates pursue careers in advertising and public relations agencies, consulting firms, nonprofit organizations, and any position requiring strategic communication planning.
Students complete the required CORE COURSES:
- COMM 500 Professional Communication
- COMM 501 Persuasion in the Marketplace
- COMM 515 Organizational Communication
- COMM 523 Communication Ethics & Professional Civility
- COMM 588 Corporate & Integrated Marketing Communication Research
Students complete the following four (4) required courses:
- COMM 527 Communication Management
- COMM 529 IMC Strategies I: Public Relations
- COMM 533 IMC Strategies II: Advertising
- COMM 536 Integrated Marketing Communication
Students select one (1) elective in consultation with advisors.