M.A. in Rhetoric & Philosophy of Communication
Grounded in the department's established commitment to the philosophical student of communication, the Master of Arts emphasis in Rhetoric & Philosophy of Communication (36 credits) provides students with a traditional liberal arts education for leadership in academia, law, and the marketplace. This program offers fundamental courses for a doctoral degree or enhancement of a liberal arts foundation in communication.
Students complete the following required CORE COURSES:
- COMM 500 Professional Communication
- COMM 501 Persuasion in the Marketplace
- COMM 515 Organizational Communication
- COMM 522 Communication Research & Evidence
- COMM 523 Communication Ethics & Professional Civility
- COMM 559 Philosophy of Communication
- COMM 561 Rhetorical Theory
Students select five (5) electives in consultation with advisors.
We offer a competitive tuition rate for this program. Please refer to the graduate tuition page for rates; look for "MA in Rhetoric & Philosophy of Communication."