Major in Computer Science
We offer four-year Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degree programs that combine computing theory and programming skills, both of which are essential for solving problems in many types of careers.Majoring in computer science will train you to create software applications in fields ranging from gaming to Web and mobile apps and give you a strong understanding of computational theory and best practices so that you can adapt throughout your career to ever-evolving computing capabilities.
Advantages of Studying Computer Science at Duquesne include:
- Small classes, one-on-one mentoring and tutoring.
- Opportunity to participate in faculty research projects.
- Faculty respected for both scholarly and educational accomplishments.
- Up-to-date labs and software and ulternate operating systems.
- Access to a high performance cluster computer when needed.
Our graduates are applying their computer science degrees in exciting ways, such as:
- Developing applications for the Web, iPhone, motion pictures (CGI), computer games, and supercomputers;
- employing their skills at organizations such as Pixar, EA Sports, CNET, Raytheon, the Department of Defense, the FBI, FedEx and Highmark.
- Launching their own Web-based business.
- Earning doctoral degrees at top institutions, including the University of California, Berkeley, the University of Wisconsin and the University of Washington;
- Enrolling in other post-baccalaureate programs in computer science, law, business and mathematics.
For more information about our Alumns check out our Computer Science Alumni Profiles.
Intrested in Computer Science Careers, check our Computer Science Careers Page.