CIQR Presentation Archives 2007-2008
Agendas, Minutes and Notices
Academic Year 2007-2008
April 18, 2008--Special Event: CIQR Certificate Presentations
- Amanda Lowe, Psychology Department, "MeditatingScientists: A Cultural Phenomenological Study of Experiencing Multiple Minds."
- Cristina Laurita, Psychology Department, "Lacanian Psychoanalytic Perspectives on Addictions."
- G. Keilan Rickard, Psychology Department, "Gay Identity Formation: An Autoethnographic Look at Gay Volleyball."
- Dr. Bob McInerney, Psychology Department, Point Park University, "The Docile Body of the Brain: A Foucauldian Discourse Analysis of Capacity."
- Monica Walker, Psychology Department, "Homestead: The Impact of Postindustrial Changes on Multigenerational Families."
- Wayne Brinda, Prime Stage Theater, "The Odyssey Project: Urban Adolescents Discover New Skills and Enjoyment of Reading Through Creating Theatre."
- Elizabeth Tran, Psychology Department, "Proposal for an Investigation of the Negotiation of Infant Sleep Placement: A Work in Progress."
- Debra C. Burkey Piecka, School of Education, "A Methodological Framework for a Qualitative Dissertation about Learning with Interactive Videoconferencing in Kindergarten."
- Rune Molbak, Psychology Department,"Liminality and Structure in Phenomenology: Constructing a New Theoretical Starting Point for the Study of Flirting."
- Shane S. Chaplin, Psychology Department, "Fatherhood, Responsibility And Community Involvement."
April 10, 2008--Monthly Speaker: Dr. Ezequiel Pena, Department of Psychology, Duquesne University: "Immigration, the Mexico-U.S. Border, and the Mexican American Transnational Imagination: The Social Justice Efforts of Latino Evangelicals"
March 13, 2008--Monthly Speaker: Dr. Helen C. Sobehart, Associate Provost/Associate Academic Vice President, Duquesne University: "How in the World Are They Leading? A Scholarly Perspective on the Status of Women in Educational Leadership Worldwide"
February 14, 2008--Monthly Speaker: Dr. Magali Cornier Michael, Chair, Department of English, Duquesne University: "New Visions of Community in Contemporary American Fiction"
January 24-25, 2008--External Speaker: Dr. Michael Berube, Paterno Family Professor in Literature, Pennsylvania State University: "What Happened to Cultural Studies?" and a Symposium on Qualitative Research
November 15, 2007--Monthly Speaker: Dr. Marco Gemignani, Department of Psychology, Duquesne University: "Between Researcher and Researched: Methodological and Clinical Intertwining from the Study of Refugees"
October 26, 2007--External Speaker: Dr. Kelly Oliver, W. Alton Jones Chair of Philosophy, Vanderbilt University: "Sexual Difference, Animal Difference: Derrida and Difference 'Worthy of its Name'"
October 18, 2007--External Speaker: Dr. Olga Belova, Lecturer in Management, Department of Accounting, Finance, and Management, University of Essex, UK: "Difference and Interruption in Research Narratives"
October 11, 2007--External Speaker: Dr. Robert D. Romanyshyn, Senior Core Faculty Member, Clinical and Depth Psychology Programs, Pacifica Graduate Institute: "The Wounded Researcher"
September 20, 2007--Monthly Speaker: Dr. Greg Barnhisel, Department of English, Duquesne University: "Two Magazines and Three Editors Fight the Cultural Cold War"