Dual Degree with M.A. Corporate Communication/M.B.A.
The Department of Communication & Rhetorical Studies and The Graduate School of Business offer a unique joint degree program. This 70-credit M.B.A/M.A.--Corporate Communication program provides you with an opportunity to earn advanced degrees in two highly complementary fields—business and communication. Success in today's competitive, global economy requires both an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the world of business and the ability to communicate effectively in various forms under highly diverse conditions.
To be eligible for this dual degree program, you must apply separately to the Graduate School of Business and the Department of Communication & Rhetorical Studies--Corporate Communication graduate programs. You must be accepted by both programs and you must declare their intent to pursue this academic program at the time of application to Duquesne University. You may not transfer into this joint degree program following acceptance into another program of study.
The prerequisite for the M.B.A. and M.A.--Communication program is an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university. The per-credit cost of tuition will be that in effect for each program of study. Advisors are available in the Graduate School of Business and the Department of Communication & Rhetorical Studies to provide you with guidance and advice on each program.
M.A. in Corporate Communication
Required Core Courses
- COMM 500 Professional Communication
- COMM 501 Persuasion in the Marketplace
- COMM 515 Organizational Communication
- COMM 523 Communication Ethics & Professional Civility
Corporate Communication Track
- COMM 518 Conflict Management in Organizations
- COMM 522 Communication Research Methods
- COMM 536 Integrated Marketing Communication
- COMM 601 Communication Practicum (OR 3-credit elective upon consultation with advisor if student is employed full-time)
In addition, you will take a 3 credit elective course from within the Department of Communication & Rhetorical Studies.
Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Core IA Courses
- GRBUS 504 Quantitative Analysis
- GRBUS 508 Applied Ethics
- GRBUS 512 External Financial Reporting
- GRBUS 516 Strategic Use of Accounting Information
- GRBUS 518 Law for the Executive
Core IB Courses
- GRBUS 510 Understanding the Value Chain
- GRBUS 513 Economics for Decision Making
- GRBUS 514 Assessing Financial Health of Firms
- GRBUS 515 Information Systems for Managers
- GRBUS 519 Marketing Management and Production Strategy
- GRBUS 520 Managing a Diverse Workforce
- GRBUS 523 Managing Operations
- GRBUS 530 The Global Economy
- GRBUS 537 Public Affairs Management
- GRBUS 630 Leading Change in Organizations
Core II Courses
- GRBUS 538 Strategy: Formation and Implementation