M.A. Degree Programs
We offer five Master of Arts degree programs.
- Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) incorporates an intensive sequence of graduate coursework emphasizing advertising, public relations and marketing communication as strategic and rhetorical functions that shape marketplace effectiveness and excellence.
- Corporate Communication prepares you for leadership and management roles in the marketplace.
- Rhetoric & Philosophy of Communication offers courses fundamental for a doctoral degree or enhancement of a liberal arts foundation in communication.
- Rhetoric & Philosophy of Technology
- Communication Studies offers a hybrid program that allows you to gain professional credentials while considering future doctoral study by blending a strong theoretical background with knowledge of professional communication practices.
Our program walks the humanities into the marketplace with theory and practice, requiring you to engage knowledge of the historical implications of the humanities and the marketplace. The core curriculum for the M.A. in Communication provides a foundation through the following courses:
- COMM 500 Professional Communication
- COMM 501 Persuasion in the Marketplace
- COMM 515 Organizational Communication
- COMM 522 Communication Research Methods
- COMM 523 Communication Ethics & Professional Civility