Phi Sigma Iota
Phi Sigma Iota is an international foreign language honor society for both undergraduate and graduate students. Epsilon Epsilon is our local chapter.
Each Spring, the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures recognizes outstanding academic performance by nominating majors and minors in junior or senior standing and graduate students to Phi Sigma Iota, Epsilon Epsilon chapter. Photos from the Spring 2009 Installation event are here.
Phi Sigma Iota honors junior and senior undergraduate students of foreign languages who:
- have at least a B average in their entire college work and all foreign-language courses
- have completed at least one course at the third-year level
Phi Sigma Iota honors graduate students of foreign languages who:
- have completed at least one semester of graduate work
- have at least a B-plus average in all courses taken
- have attained a high degree of competence in at least one foreign language