Accelerated Master of Arts Program
The Department of English invites undergraduate students at Duquesne to earn a Master of Arts degree in only four semesters. Undergraduate students are able to earn six graduate credits by taking two 400-level, senior courses in which they are assigned graduate-level work by their professors, or by taking one 400-level course (in which they are assigned graduate-level work) and one 500-level, graduate course.
Applicants for the Master of Arts in English must be in the final year of undergraduate study towards a major in English, and must submit the following materials to the Director of Graduate Studies for review:
- An online application for the Master's program
- An application addendum
- Official transcripts recording all baccalaureate work
- An undergraduate Q.P.A. of 3.5 or higher
- A sample of the applicant's academic writing
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicants academic studies
- A statement of the applicant's purpose in seeking the Master of Arts degree
- Results on the verbal and analytical sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
All materials are due in the office of the Director of Graduate Studies no later than June 30th prior to fall registration.
Current Students in the Accelerated Master's Program:
If you think you might be interested in the program and would like to know more about it from a student perspective, feel free to contact one of these students who are currently enrolled in the program: