Requirements for the Minor
|Intro to Women's and Gender Studies--for Spring 2013, this course will be "Intro to Drama: Family and Gender" crosslisted as WSGS 206 and ENGL 203-01
|Electives that include more than one discipline||12 credits|
- Students may seek permission from the WGS Steering Committee to substitute one course not cross-listed with the Women's and Gender Studies Center.
- The course should include identifiable content devoted to women's or gender studies, and the student must be able to do a significant project or assignment based within the fields of women's studies or gender studies.
- The student must submit a short proposal to the Steering Committee by mid-term of the semester in which the course is taken, explaining how the student plans to fulfill the requirement. This proposal must be approved by and signed by the instructor.
- Directed Readings: Students may seek permission from the WGS Steering Committee to take no more than one directed reading course for credit toward the minor.
- Up to one course per major or another minor may count toward the Women's and Gender Studies minor.
The following courses are offered on a regular basis in the Women's and Gender Studies Center:
WSGS/SOC 210, "Sociology of Sex and Gender"
WSGS/SOC 225, "Family Systems"
WSGS/PHIL 285, "Introduction to Feminist Philosophy"
WSGS/ENGL 304, "Women Writers and the Novel"
WSGS/THEOL 345, "Women and Christianity"
WSGS/ARTHY 390, "Women and Art"
WSGS/POLSC 424, "Women and Politics"
WSGS/PSYCH 453, "Psychology of Gender"
WSGS/ENGL 403, "Black Women Writers"
WSGS/JMA 421, "Gender and the Media"
WSGS/HISTY 433, "American Women in Historical Perspective"
All courses are cross-listed with departmental offerings. In addition to these regular courses, special topics courses are offered each semester.