Graduate Application Process (Master of Music)Master of Music - Master of Music (International)
Artist Diploma - Artist Diploma (International)
Master of Music
Applicants must have earned a bachelor's degree, a college-level conservatory diploma or their foreign equivalent in music.
The following items constitute a complete application:
- 1. Completed and signed application form.
- 2. Check or money order for $50 non-refundable application fee, made payable to Duquesne University.
- 3. Three letters of recommendation from professionals in the field who can attest to the applicant’s qualifications sent to the Director of Music Admissions (see below).
- 4. Official transcripts from each institution attended, including any attended during summer sessions, regardless of whether credit was received. Please ask the registrar of each college or university to send official transcripts to the Director of Music Admissions (see below).
- 5. Statement of Purpose typed on an additional sheet of paper (approximately 250 words) describing goals and objectives for enrolling in the graduate program.
- 6. Additional requirements pertinent to each Master of Music degree program. (see admission requirements of intended degree track).
Mail application materials to:
Director of Music Admission
Mary Pappert School of Music
600 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
All application materials must be completed and received by the School of Music no later than one month prior to the beginning of the term in which the applicant anticipates commencing graduate work. An interview may be required to further ascertain the applicant’s ability. All official documents which are accepted toward admission become the property of the University.