We are very proud to be one of the select music schools across the country to offer career enhancement skills and opportunities to our students and alumni.
If you are a current student or an alumnus, you are more than welcome to contact the Career Services Office with any questions or comments regarding the information presented on our site or to schedule an appointment.
If you are a prospective employer and would like to advertise a job opening, please feel free to contact us, as well.
About the Student Services Office
In 1998, the Career Services Office was established in the Mary Pappert School of Music at Duquesne University, and since, has helped to prepare undergraduate and graduate music students for a professional career in the arts.
We provide personal career counseling services covering numerous topics such as resume and cover letter preparation, interviewing skills, contract review, press kit development and much more.
Duquesne music students and alumni have first-hand access to information regarding the most current part-time and full-time job listings, auditions, workshops, festivals, arts organizations and educational institutions and opportunities around the world.
Full-time music students and alumni may schedule an appointment with the Coordinator of Student Services, Jordan Mroziak to further explore any of these topics.
About Our Graduates
Graduates of the Mary Pappert School of Music are currently employed in respected professional music positions including:
• Symphony Orchestras in major cities such as Chicago, Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Houston, Portland, Detroit, Syracuse, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
• The Metropolitan Opera and other opera companies
• Bands of the U.S. military
• Jazz and various commercial media outlets
• Entertainment giants such as Sony Computer Entertainment and Pixar Animation Studios
• Los Angeles and Nashville recording studios
• Public and private schools, colleges and universities throughout the country
• A broad array of music therapy settings
• Organ and church music positions