Alumni Association President's Message
Welcome! I am honored to serve as the President of DU SON Alumni Association. We believe the spirit of Duquesne University and its academic excellence has provided you with the steadfast foundation that will compliment your professional journey. Thanks to Dr. Mary Ellen Glasgow, our enrollment is growing and our education quality continues to expand.
As graduates of DU, you are our honored and best ambassadors. You are our excellence in action, our pride and our strength. With over 5,000 DUSON alums from our undergraduate and graduate programs, you have provided quality patient care and delivery in a myriad of settings throughout the world. Our diversity and involvement empowers our Alumni. Your voice will be heard, concerns contemplated and professional accomplishments honored.
Let's work together to develop a strong, interactive alumni community which in turn will forge a successful alma mater. We don't just talk about problems and issues; we diligently work to discover effective solutions.
Proceeds from membership dues and events support our student nurses, programs and various initiatives. These initiatives include:
- Annual Homecoming Brunch honoring reunion classes each October
- Creation of an endowed DUSON Alumni Association scholarship and have secured over $40,000 in funding toward our goal of $50,000 DONATE TODAY!
- Participation in the Annual Duquesne "Day of Giving"
- Co-sponsorship of the annual DUSON McGinley-Rice Symposium, which is focused on vulnerable populations
- Provision of nutritional snacks for students during finals week and testing periods
- Purchase of needed equipment for the DUSON Learning and Simulation Center
- A community service project benefiting a Pittsburgh organization
- Support for initiatives and networking of DUSON student organizations such as Alpha Tau Delta, Chi Eta Phi and Duquesne University Student Nurses Association (DUSNA)
- Attendance at the annual DUSON White Coat Ceremony to honor the beginning of clinical experiences of our nursing students
- Presentation of the DUSON Alumni Award to a deserving graduating nursing student
- The "Uncork the Potential" our annual fundraising event
- Partnership with PA State Nurses Association (PSNA)
A Call to Action: Get Involved and stay connected!
- Join our DU SON Alumni for $40 per year. Use our online application form.
- Attend DU Alumni events - Participate in your class reunions
- Give back to DU - Donate to our DUSON Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship
- Become a mentor or preceptor to nursing students
- Update your contact information with your current email and mailing address
- Stay in touch through Facebook
- Tell us how we can best serve you. Share your ideas to improve our Alumni Association
What DU Alumni can do for you?
- Offer discounts to attend DUSON McGinley-Rice Symposium
- Provide career and networking opportunities with nursing leaders in our dynamic local medical health centers, DU Academia and various professional organizations and associations
- Promote job openings and internships through the DU Career Services Center
- Offer access for lifelong learning experiences
- Foster personal and professional relationships by connecting with Alumni members
- Update professional standards and performance excellence through current nursing research, continuing education programs and local, state and national nursing organizations
We warmly welcome your participation in our Alumni association and involvement.
"Nursing is the heart of healthcare. Nursing takes a very strong, intelligent and compassionate person to take on the ills of the world with passion and purpose and work to maintain the health and wellbeing of the patient."
~ Donna Wilk Cardilo
Terri Tunick, MSN, N99
President, DUSON Nursing Alumni Association
DU Alumni Web site
Duquesne University's Alumni Web site contains valuable information about current events, donor opportunities and more. There are more than 65,000 DU alumni worldwide!
View the latest DU Alumni Newsletter.
Where Are They Now?
Ever wonder what your former classmates are doing today? Simply choose the graduation year from the list below, and read about your nursing colleagues.
What Have You Been Up To?
Let us know what is new in your life by completing our Alumni Update Form.