Donate to the School of Nursing
Advancing Our Legacy: Past, Present and Future
The 1937 transition of Duquesne's Nursing program from a department to a school was made possible by Mary Walton, president of the Catholic Nurses League of the Diocese of Pittsburgh, who chaired a committee that raised funds for the expansion. Her colleagues joined in support, confident that the new school would make a real and lasting difference in their patients' lives.
Seventy-seven years later, the school has delivered on its promise. Today, we turn to alumni, friends, faculty and staff to write the next chapter in our narrative. You may wish to support:
- Endowed Scholarships
- Eileen H. Zungolo Endowed Scholarship Fund
- New Clinical Nursing Facility
- Unrestricted Gifts
Help make our clinical nursing facility a reality.
In our first 75 years, we have made our mark on the nursing profession and discovered our own ways to exemplify the mission of Duquesne University's Spiritan Founders. Nevertheless, the increasing sophistication of health care technology and the rapidly evolving nature of the nursing profession will demand even higher levels of commitment to excellence from us in the future.
To meet those challenges, we are constructing a clinical nursing facility in Libermann Hall, a multipurpose building on Fifth Avenue recently acquired by the University. This new learning environment will include state-of-the-art simulation rooms, standard patient care settings, basic nursing skill development centers and facilities to foster learning in dimensions of home care.