MSN Program Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does an online course work?
Using a computer and an Internet Service Provider (ISP) a student can work on coursework whenever and wherever it is most convenient. Even though the online class may be more accessible to a student’s schedule, the content and workload are comparable to a face-to-face course. Read more in our Online Education section.
2. Do I ever have to travel to Duquesne?
Yes. Students must come to campus for the following:
- All new MSN students must attend a MANDATORY ORIENTATION on campus in May 2016
- Students enrolled in the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Post-Master’s Certificate program who are taking GPNG 528 Physical Assessment for Advanced Practice Nursing or GNFN 510 Foundations of Family and Individual Care I, must come to campus in the fall semester for around 40 hours of course work.
3. Do I need to come to Pittsburgh for my clinical practicum experience?
No. Clinical sites will be arranged near the student’s home area.
4. What courses are available online?
All graduate nursing courses are available online.
5. How do I know if I can be a successful online student?
Take our Self Assessment Quiz to help you decide if online learning is for you.
6. Is financial aid available for online courses?
Yes. See our Financial Aid section for important links.
7. What is the tuition?
Please visit the Duquesne University Office of Admissions web site for current tuition information.
8. Does Duquesne offer a Tuition Discount Program?
Yes. If you are a registered nurse and employed by one of our partnering organizations, you may qualify for a 30% discount on tuition.
9. What type of a computer do I need?
Please see the Technical Requirements section on our Online Education page for computer specifications.
10. What are the qualifications for acceptance into the graduate program?
Applicants must meet the admissions criteria of the Duquesne University School of Nursing. The admissions process for nursing graduate students is handled exclusively by the School of Nursing. Please see the MSN Admissions page.
11. If I am currently enrolled at another university, can I still register for online classes at Duquesne?
Yes. A maximum of 6 credits may be taken on Special Graduate Status, Non-degree. Please see the MSN Admissions page for information.
12. How do I apply to the graduate program?
Please see the MSN Admissions page.
13. How do I get more information?
Contact Susan Hardner, Nursing Recruiter:
PH: 412-396-4945 FX: 412-396-6346 email@example.com