Post Master's Certificate Admissions
ADMISSION CRITERIA (Fall start only)
The application procedures are the same for each certificate. The admissions process for nursing graduate studies is handled exclusively by the School of Nursing.
- Current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse
- A bachelor of science in nursing degree
- A master's degree in nursing
- Students must meet the Technical Standards for Admission.
Transfer Credits (Advanced Standing) Requests
Transfer credits must meet the following criteria:
- Maximum of 9 MSN level credits from an accredited university and approved nursing program may be transferred
- Minimum grade of "B" or higher
- Credits may not have been applied to a previous degree
- Credits taken within the past 5 years
Procedure for requesting Transfer Credits:
- Complete the Request for Advanced Standing form.
- Request official transcript(s) for all requested transfer courses.
- Submit the Request for Advanced Standing form, the official transcript(s), and the course syllabus with other application materials.
- Your request will be evaluated by the Graduate Admissions Committee.
2. Mail the following to the School of Nursing:
- Current curriculum vitae (CV): a complete resume with dated work and practice, honors, awards, publications and presentations
- Copy of current unencumbered RN license
- Provide a statement of your professional goals and how you plan to use advanced nursing knowledge in your career. Use a separate sheet and limit to one typed page, double-spaced
- 2 professional reference letters - one academic, one employment (have the letters sealed in envelopes and signed across the envelope seal by the endorsers). Reference letters should address the following: Reasons for pursuing graduate level education; potential for success in graduate studies, knowledge in chosen field; ability to work independently and as a team member; ability to express thoughts in speech and writing; ability to analyze and problem solve; leadership potential; and integrity.
- Copy of course syllabus for prerequisite course: Physical Assessment (if applying to the Family Nurse Practitioner program).
- The request for Advanced Standing Form and supporting documents, if requesting advanced standing
3. Arrange for these documents to be sent directly to the School of Nursing:
- Official BSN transcript
- Official transcripts for prerequisite courses, if not included on BSN program transcript
- Official MSN transcript (NOTE: Advanced Pharmacy courses completed more than 5 years prior to graduation date of the Post Master's Certificate program may need to be repeated.)
- Any additional official graduate transcripts, if requesting advanced standing
4. If you are interested in graduate loans, you must complete the
Graduate Financial Aid Application and mail directly to the Financial Aid Office.
5. Students must meet the Technical Standards for Admission.