Post Master's Certificate Admissions
ADMISSION CRITERIA (Summer start only)
The application procedures are the same for each certificate. The admissions process for nursing graduate studies is handled exclusively by the School of Nursing.
- Current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse
- A bachelor of science in nursing degree
- A master's degree in nursing
- Students must meet the Technical Standards for Admission.
Transfer Credits (Advanced Standing) Requests
Transfer credits must meet the following criteria:
- Maximum of 9 MSN level credits from an accredited university and approved nursing program may be transferred
- Minimum grade of "B" or higher
- Credits may not have been applied to a previous degree
- Credits taken within the past 5 years
Procedure for requesting Transfer Credits:
- Complete the Request for Advanced Standing form.
- Request official transcript(s) for all requested transfer courses.
- Submit the Request for Advanced Standing form, the official transcript(s), and the course syllabus with other application materials.
- Your request will be evaluated by the Graduate Admissions Committee.
1. Complete the online application. If transcripts will be sent under a different name, i.e. maiden or former name, please indicate that name.
2. Provide two professional reference letters - one academic, one employment. Send this link to your references to complete: Graduate Reference Form
By forwarding this link to your references, you waive your right to view the recommendations.
3. Mail the following to the School of Nursing - PMC Program:
- Current curriculum vitae (CV): a complete resume with dated work and practice, honors, awards, publications and presentations
- Copy of current unencumbered RN license
- A statement of your professional goals and how you plan to use advanced nursing knowledge in your career. Use a separate sheet and limit to one typed page, double-spaced
- Copy of course syllabus for prerequisite courses: statistics and undergraduate physical assessment
- The Request for Advanced Standing Form and supporting documents, if requesting advanced standing
4. Arrange for these documents to be sent directly to the School of Nursing - PMC Program:
- Official BSN transcript
- Official transcripts for prerequisite courses, if not included on BSN program transcript
- Official MSN transcript (NOTE: Advanced Pharmacy courses completed more than 5 years prior to the anticipated graduation date of the Post Master's Certificate program may need to be repeated.)
- Any additional official graduate transcripts, if requesting advanced standing
5. If you are interested in graduate loans, you must complete the
Graduate Financial Aid Application and mail directly to the Financial Aid Office.
6. If you are accepted, a non-refundable $250.00 deposit will be required to reserve your place in class.