Fellowship and Residency Programs
Academic and Research Fellowship
The Academic and Research Fellowship program prepares you for a career in academia. Throughout the two-year program, you will become proficient in the core components of research, clinical practice, and teaching through coursework, assignments, projects, and individualized pharmacy practice experiences in a specialized practice area.
- Develop skills necessary to serve as educators and scholars through completion of preparatory courses, including Teaching Methods, Research Methods and Statistics.
- Acquire teaching skills through mentored experiences in various settings, such as lecturing during core- curriculum courses and pharmacy practice modules, facilitating recitation discussions, providing guest lectures and serving as preceptors to professional- degree student pharmacists.
- Complete at least one research project, in its entirety, for each year of the program. These findings must be presented at an appropriate professional organization meeting and submitted for publication in a refereed journal.
- Rotate through various administrative and clinical settings directed by current practice faculty members, including drug information, academic administration, family practice, and acute, ambulatory and long-term care.
- Mature into well-rounded, knowledgeable and empathic pharmacists through community outreach services, wellness initiatives and practice experience.
- Fellowship positions available per year:
Four new fellows are accepted each year
The current annual stipend is approximately
$65,000 plus benefits
- Beginning Date:
July 1st (Licensure is expected on July 1st)
- Application Procedure:
Curriculum vitae, official transcripts, three letters of recommendation and letter of intent submitted on-line at www.duq.edu/pharmacy/ fellowship-app.cfm
- Application Deadline:
Dr. Suzanne Higginbotham