Faculty and Staff Award Winners
Janet Pegher of Carrick received the School of Pharmacy Staff Award. The award is presented to an individual who dedicates his/her mind, heart, and spirit to his/her work in the School. It is awarded to the staff member who consistently demonstrates excellence in the work place, dedication to the Mission Statement, and enhances the reputation of Duquesne University.
Dr. Vincent Giannetti, professor of pharmaceutical administration in the Mylan School of Pharmacy, was presented the 2012 President's Award for Excellence in Service. He has served on numerous committees that require long hours and total commitment. He has chaired the Outcomes Assessment Committee for the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education Self-Study for the School of Pharmacy, as well as the University Grievance Committee, served as co-chair of the Academic Affairs Committee for the Middle States accreditation and has participated on the University Curriculum Committee. Beyond the campus community, Giannetti is a member of the PA Drug Device and Cosmetic Board and the Allegheny County Drug Overdoes Prevention Committee. He is assisting in making Naloxone, a drug used to counter opiate overdose, available to the public.
Giannetti educates student pharmacists about alcohol and other chemical dependencies. He co-founded and is currently faculty advisor to a student-centered organization called Helping to Educate and Rehabilitate Together (H.E.A.R.T.). In 2005, he received the Eugene P. Beard Award for Distinguished Leadership in Ethics.
Several faculty and staff members received certificates acknowledging their years of service to the University.
University Years of Service Award
- Maria Alexander, Coordinator of Fiscal Management
- Dr. David Lapinsky, Assistant Professor of Medicinal Chemistry
- Dr. Jamie McConaha, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
- Dr. Carl Anderson, Associate Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Jeffrey (Scott) Copley, Director of Admissions and Data Management
- Dr. Riccardo Boni, Assistant Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Dr. David Johnson, Division Head of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Dr. Marc Harrold, Professor of Medicinal Chemistry
Congratulations to all.
Founded in 1878, Duquesne is consistently ranked among the nation's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and tradition of academic excellence. Duquesne, a campus of nearly 10,000 graduate and undergraduate students, has been nationally recognized for its academic programs, community service and commitment to sustainability. Follow Duquesne University on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.